Friday, 28 October 2016

Mini Beauty Haul || Drugstore Edition


Oh man, it has been a hot minute since I last hauled a little haul here on Babbles With Beth. Of course, I have been buying everything bar the kitchen sink regardless, but it's been an age since I actually sat down, photographed, and wrote a blog post about the things that I have been buying. So I thought I'd dip my toes back in the water with a little haul of some beauty bits and bobs I picked up yesterday whilst in Boots and Superdrug. 

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation (Light Porcelain) - £8.99, Boots
An oldie, but a goodie. I was in the market for a new foundation, and really wanted to try out a NYX Cosmetics foundation, but obviously they did not have it in my shade. Bloody sods law. And so I settled for an old favourite, one that many people swear by, Rimmel Wake Me Up. I'm sure you know everything there is to know about this bad boy - good buildable coverage, makes you look like you've had more sleep than you actually has, nice formulation, applies really well. It's just a good, solid foundation to have in your collection.

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer (Number 1, Fair) - £4.19, Boots
I had to use this concealer this morning, and so obviously I shoved it in my makeup bag and forgot to photograph it! Again, it's an oldie and a goodie, so many people (looking at you, Zoella), swear by this one, yadda yadda. Inexpensive, good colour, decent coverage. All you want in something that conceals spots and red patches. I always have one in my make up bag, but because it's winter and I'm more pale than Casper the Friendly Ghost, I had to pick one up in the lightest shade. So long, number 2 (cool medium). We had fun whilst it lasted.  


Tanya Burr Cosmetics Soft Luxe Collection Matte Lip (Rhubarb and Custard) - £5.99, Superdrug
I won't lie to you, I am every advertisers/marketing persons wet dream. I am a sucker for anything released by the big YouTubers (at least, the ones I watch), and I've wanted to get my mitts on one of the Matte Lips from Tanya Burr Cosmetics ever since I saw they were released, but alas it was never the right time. Either they'd all sold out, or I just didn't have the money. So when I spotted this little gem nestled amongst the lip glosses in my local Superdrug yesterday, I swooped in and nabbed it! And I do love it. It applies so smoothly and dries quickly without feeling like it's sucking all the moisture out of your lips, the smell is inoffensive and very faint, and the pigment is so bold and so bright and so pretty. Yes, I am in love, and I think it will be my go to colour for quite some time.

Studio London Eye Brush Set - £3, Superdrug
When I moved to London, somehow I left the majority of my makeup collection back home in Devon, and thus had no eye brushes with me to apply my eye shadow. Rookie error Beth, rookie error. And so my mission yesterday was to find some inexpensive eye brushes to tide me over until I can get back to my beloved brushes, and I thought I'd hit the jack pot when I saw the little set of three (blending brush, flat brush, angled brush) reduced down from £6 to £3! I should've known it was too good to be true. I like my eye brushes to be fairly soft, since eyes are delicate and I don't want to hurt the poor little sausages, but these brushes are so stiff and so tricky to use, it is actually almost painful to apply eye shadow. Not what you want from your brush, to be quite honest. I will use them for now, but definitely would not repurchase.


Real Techniques Miracle Sculpting Sponge - £5.99, Superdrug
Since the day I discovered the delights of the makeup sponge, I've not used anything else to apply my foundation and concealer. The Real Techniques line, as well as doing my favourite brushes, make my all time favourite beauty sponge, which is just their first and original. But when I went to repurchase yesterday, I saw the newish Miracle Sculpting Sponge and knew I had to give it a try. It has two different ends - one bigger and perfect for foundation, and the other smaller, with a pointed tip, and perfect for concealer and getting in all the creases around your nose etc. On the large side, it also has a rounded edge and a flat edge, and I really need to explore them and see what works best. But from a first look and fiddle, it looks amazing, and I think it might be a new staple.

Grey Pompom Keychain - Superdrug
I do love me a good promotion. And currently in Superdrug, if you buy three cosmetics, you get a free fluffy pompom! I love these, and I was so excited to receive mine, especially as I knew nothing about this promotion! Yes, it has gone straight onto my bag. And yes, I keep stroking it.

No comments:

Post a Comment