Wednesday, 4 February 2015

What's In My Bag!


I am one of the nosiest people on the planet, and I love reading blogs like this, where you get to have a sneak peek into someones bag/room/life. I think you get to know so much about someone from what's in their bag or what's their favourite part of their room, little things like that. And I figured if I liked reading those kind of things, other people would too, so I decided to share what's in my bag on a standard college day, minus the majority of the textbooks and things.

To start with, the bag itself. My favourite bag to use at the moment is a standard brown leather bag that is basically a tardis and hugely oversized, and fits basically my entire life in. I wish I could tell you which brand this is and where it comes from, but I was given this last year (alongside a smaller brown leather bag) by my dad, who got it from a shop somewhere in Cambridge. All I know is that it's absolutely massive, has a hand shoulder strap along with two normal sized handles, and a few little pockets on the inside to store handy things. It also has a built in cosmetics type bag, so I can stash all my makeup in there and not lose it. The inside is also printed with cute roses, which is a nice little touch. I just love this bag a lot.


There are several things I always have to have in my bag, and I always make sure I swap them over if I want to use my backpack or the smaller leather bag. I always make sure I carry a water bottle on me, at the moment I'm just reusing a plastic bottle from M&S, it's made of really sturdy plastic and just feels lovely to drink from, as well as being a hefty 750ml, so it keeps me going all day. Today I also have the Super Orange cold pressed juice by Nina's Savse, which is my all time favourite juice, and I picked this up in Boots this morning. I also have to have a lip balm and hand cream in my bag, at the moment I am favouring the Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm Tin (lovely and moisturising on the old lips, with added peppermint which makes them all tingly), and Soap and Glory's Hand Food Hand Cream (I have the mini which lasts me forever and is moisturising without being greasy and taking forever to sink in, which means it's great for on the go), both available from Boots.

 I also always have chewing gum in my bag, and at the moment I just have a packet of M&S curiously strong mint gum, which I mainly got because I liked the look of the packaging. Other essentials include some form of painkillers, generally in the shape of paracetamol/ibuprofen, a perfume of some description (at the moment I'm using the Paul's Boutique Me eau de parfum), and my purse, which is just a cute owl purse from Next which my mum gave to me.


Beauty wise, I never carry very much around with me, mainly because I am notorious for losing things when I take them out of the house (and when I'm in the house honestly). Usually, unless I'm going away somewhere, the only makeup I will chuck in my bag is a powder (today I was using the Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder), a powder brush and a lipgloss/lipstick depending on what I am using that day (today I had the Tanya Burr Lipgloss in Chic), and that will generally be all for beauty products. I also always carry a mirror around for essential repowdering, and I seem to have lost all my little compacts, so at the moment I am using this bigger spotty mirror from Boots, which is really handy to take away with me but looks a little stupid when I whip it out on the bus!

I always have my iPad and ancient relic iPhone with me (usually cracked, although I got my iPad fixed!), and some form of diary and a notebook. My friend got me the really cute pink organiser from Paperchase for Christmas, I think she was trying to tell me something, and it's great for organising homework/appointments/etc. I also got given the cute foil notebook for Christmas, and this is where I jot down any blog ideas/anything that comes to me when I am out and about. The big notebook is my creative writing journal and I'm terrified of losing it! Staying on the subject of books, I always carry a book with me for the bus/waiting around, and at the moment I am just finishing 'The Constant Princess' by Philippa Gregory, one of my all time favourite books. I do have the kindle app on my iPad and iPhone, but I do love having a physical copy. Last but by no means least, I always have a pen on me. At the moment I am using a pen given to me at Christmas, which is just a standard ball point with a picture of Elsa from Frozen on the front!


What are your everyday handbag essentials that you just couldn't live without?

x

3 comments:

  1. Has your blog design changed? I love it, I did a post like this too, and I love your purse owls are so cute! Love the journals too :)

    Meme xx

    Latest blog post out now
    'Superdrug Haul'
    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It has, though I'm about to fiddle with it again, I'm not entirely sure I'm happy yet! I love posts like this so much :)
      x

      Delete
  2. Love your blog!

    www.thecameragirlcaroline.blogspot.no

    ReplyDelete