Tuesday, 3 February 2015

'Love, Tanya' Review



I am sure the entire world knows that youtuber/blogger/all round fab person Tanya Burr launched her book back on the 29th of January, and I was very excited to get my hands on a copy. I picked up this one in WHSmith for £6.49, which I was happy about (I do love me a good bargain.) It's usually £12.99, which I think is a rather lovely price for a hefty hardback book.

I've been reading this on and off for the past week, and I have thoroughly enjoyed every page. Tanya talks frankly throughout the book about her life and experiences, and although I'm pretty sure she has had help writing this, her own voice really shines through and it is almost as though she's talking to you as she would on any YouTube video. 

The pictures are bloody lovely, the recipes look amazing, tasty, and pretty foolproof to make (great for klutz's like myself), and each chapter brings it's own special message to the book. I particularly like the Top 10 lists that feature throughout the book, and the spaces where you can write your own lists after being inspired by the chapter you have just read. I also like the structure of the book (look out, here comes the literary student in me), as the chapters are not too long and each has it's own focus, making it easy to dip in and out of, and you don't need to read the chapters in order, which makes it more like a little handy guidebook for tough times, down times, ice cream times, any times. 


I just really, really enjoyed Tanya Burr's first contribution to the shelves of my beloved bookstores. I feel like you get to know Tanya as a person much more, as well as picking up loads of little tips and tricks from someone who knows herself. From skincare to beauty, hair care to YouTube and much about her early life, this is a really lovely offering. Very much recommend picking up this book, especially if you are a viewer of her videos or a reader of her blog.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment