Wednesday, 28 January 2015

To read is to live a thousand lives


Ever since I learnt to read when I was very tiny, I've always had my head stuck in a book and at least five on the go at once. It's probably my favourite pastime A) because I can do it in bed, minimal effort required and B) because I can live out so many different lives just by turning some pages and reading some words. I don't just love reading either, writing is one of my biggest passions and so often reading become research for me. 

That being said, I thought that I could make a biweekly feature of a sort of favourite books post, which isn't necessarily my favourite books of the moment, although I'm sure they will creep in there, but books that I have enjoyed throughout the years and have either read once and loved, or come back to time and time again. And trust me, this will be going for a while. I have a lot of favourite books. 

This time I have chosen to feature:

Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte: a classic, a much loved favourite, and a timeless book. I'm a sucker for any kind of romance, and I absolutely adore books by the Bronte sisters. Definitely worth a read if you don't mind making a bit of an effort to understand the older style English!

Birdsong by Sebastian Faulks: I was given this for my birthday a couple years back, had never heard of the book or the author, but thought I'd give it a go anyway, and I could not put it down. I found the first part hard to get into and read, but once I got into it I fell immediately in love. I'm a big fan of a weepy book, and a big fan of historical fiction whether that be set in the sixteenth century or the twentieth century, and this book definitely provides. Highly, highly recommend giving it a go. (Plus the two-part TV series features Eddie Redmayne, so that's worth a watch even if you don't read the book!)

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell: being a bit of a fangirl myself, I knew I had to read this book when I saw the title. I loved it a lot, I thought it was a really excellent book and an easy read. I fell in love with the characters and the plot, and I cannot wait to pick this one up and read it again in the near future.

Love, Rosie by Cecelia Ahern: formerly known as Where Rainbows End, I have to admit I did pick this one up after I saw the trailer for the film and fell in love, though I haven't watched it yet. I'm a big fan of Cecelia Ahern anyway, so I knew this would be good, but I love it. I really do. It made me laugh, it made me weep a little, it frustrated me, it made me feel so many things and I got so involved in the characters lives. Excellently written, superb book, well worth a read. Probably a good holiday book, this one.

That's my four for this time, more to come in a couple weeks! If you want me to make a post reviewing any of these books in proper detail with a synopsis and everything, just leave a comment and I will indeed do so! In fact, if you want a review on any book just bung a comment down below and I will review it if I've read the book, and if I haven't I'll get it, read it, and purchase it!

x

1 comment:

  1. I've read Fangirl too and it was great. I also recommend Eleanor&Park by Rainbow Rowell. Great books.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete