Monday, 19 January 2015

The Liebster Award!

I have been nominated for the Liebster Award by the wonderful Emily! I love things like this (we all love talking about ourselves at heart, right?), and I think it's a great idea to help fellow bloggers starting out, and I'm very happy to have been nominated so soon in my blogging time.

The rules are:
1. Link to the person who nominated you
2. Answer the questions given to you by the nominator.
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
4. Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Notify all nominees via their social-media/blogs

My questions and answers are:

1) What would your perfect day consist of? I'm massive homebird at heart, so nothing that would involve straying too far afield. My perfect day is probably more likely to consist of a lovely long lie in, breakfast in bed with a Netflix binge (hooked on Merlin at the moment), probably a romp across the moors with the family and the puppy, and back home for crumpets, tea, and a movie marathon afternoon. And of course, because it's a perfect day my makeup would work perfectly first time, and my outfit would be on point (two things which never, ever happen to me!)

2) If you could only take 3 beauty things to a desert island, what would they be? Concealer for the terrible black under eye bags, mascara so I don't look dead, and deodorant so I don't stink and scare away and potential rescuers (deodorant is a beauty thing, right?)

3) What do you hope to get out of your blog? I just want my blog to be a place where I can splurge my thoughts and share ideas and things that I usually keep internal and they build up and build up. I'm not after a massive following or anything, I just want a little slice of internet that people can enjoy if they wish.

4) Do you have any tips for new bloggers? Being a new blogger myself, I guess my only tip is just to go for it! I've been umming and ahhing over starting this blog for ages, and I'm so glad I bit the bullet and did it. So yeah, basically just get on and do it if you've been considering it! And post about what you love, even if it's the worlds biggest jumble of things. Passion sells.

5) Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Hopefully still blogging! But I also hope to have achieved my degree at University, have completed whatever it is I need to do to become a speech and language therapist (much more research needed), and be in a steady job that I love!

6) What's your best style advice? Don't try to be like everyone else. Often I see groups of girls dressed almost identically, and half the time the majority of them look uncomfortable. Don't wear something if you don't feel comfortable! You'll look ten times better and more wonderful if you feel happy and comfortable, even if happy and comfortable is a massive hoodie and pair of comfy joggers/jammy bottoms.

7) Would you rather travel to the future or the past? When and why? The past, definitely. Probably the Tudor period? Or the Victorian or Elizabethan era. Basically any era where I can be the daughter of a noble lady, be happily married off and be able to wear all those fabulous dresses. And maybe flirt with a king. The next Mary or Anne Boleyn perhaps? Minus the head chopping off.

8) If you got a lifetime's worth of tickets, travel, accommodation and spending for one festival (music/film/fashion/anything!) anywhere in the world, which would you choose? Tricky one but probably the New York fashion week I mean, NEW YORK and unlimited spending, and pretty fashion like...what more could you need?

9) Would you not wear makeup for the rest of the year for £5000? At first I thought yes and then I was like...actually, that wouldn't even pay for one year of uni, and I look dead without makeup so...probably no.

10) Who is your role model? I don't know if I have one role model as such, I have several. I guess the first person who sprang to mind was Darcy Bussell, mainly because when I was younger (and now) I just wanted to be her.

11) What are the last three books you read? Did you enjoy them and why? I can't quite remember the exact last three I read.. I know I read The Secret Dreamworld of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella, which is my go to book for a lighthearted read, and I love it mainly because I too am a shopaholic, and it is a very good warning for when I want to splurge! I think I also read Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte recently, which is my fave fave faveest book in the entire world and sometimes I just want to be Jane. And right now I am reading The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory. Historical fiction is a big weakness of mine, and Philippa Gregory is my most favourite historical fiction author, and I love this one in particular. Good read, good read.

Being as I have only just forayed into the world of blogging and following amazing blogs and wasting half my life on bloglovin, I don't think I follow eleven blogs that have under 200 followers, so I shall just nominate the following lovelies:


My eleven questions are:

1) Why did you choose to start blogging?
2) If you knew you were going to die tomorrow, what would your last meal be?
3) Top three go to beauty/skin care products?
4) Three of the best books you have ever read?
5) What advice would you give to your 10 year old self?
6) Favourite inspirational quote?
7) If you had unlimited money to go travelling, which countries would you visit and why?
8) Top three favourite blogs?
9) Most beloved item of clothing and why?
10) Favourite way to procrastinate?
11) If you were trapped in a burning building, what celebrity would you choose to save you and why?

Enjoy!

x

1 comment: