Thursday, 29 January 2015

Monthly Favourites | January 2015



Deary me this month has flown by. It doesn't seem five minutes ago I was sat in a bath on New Year's Eve and now here we are, almost in February. Dear Gods of time, can we please slow down?

Anyway, quickness of time aside, it is time for one of my favourite posts to read, and now to write. My first ever monthly favourites! And I have been enjoying a lot of things this month, so I have just picked a few of my favourites, what I've been loving on a nearly daily basis.

Skincare wise, I have been absolutely adoring the Neal's Yard Remedies Honey and Orange Facial Scrub £15.50. We actually won this in the local primary school raffle, and I began using it back in December, and it's lasted me a good two months. I absolutely love how clean this scrub makes my skin feel, I use it once a week and it has done a fab job on clearing up blackheads and getting rid of general blemishes and buildup in pores and it's quickly becoming a must have. Must remember to repurchase this, actually. On a lazy day when I just want to go to bed and not spend a lot of time on skincare, I have been relying massively on the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water £3.33. This comes in a hefty 400ml bottle, and therefore lasts forever (or around 200 uses) and is such good value. For £3.33 this has lasted me around five months and it's still half full. Worth every penny. It does a great job at removing makeup and quickly cleansing the skin. Good product, good value. 

Lastly on my list of skincare January favourites is Soap and Glory's Clean On Me Creamy Clarifying Shower Gel 500ml £6.50. Soap and Glory have long been one of my favourite brands, mainly because of the amazing names and packaging, but their products are also really high quality smelling and lovely and I just have a lotta love for them. I got given a set at Christmas that included this shower gel and it's quickly become my favourite shower gel to use. I like the size of the bottle, and the pump action dispenser. The scent is amazing, and it also comes with built in body lotion so you get out of the shower feeling super silky and lovely, and means I can be lazy and not have to moisturize post shower! Good job all round.



For my unruly brows this month I have been loving the Collection Work The Colour Eyebrow Kit £3.99. Cheap and lovely, this comes with three different shades of powder, I use the middle brown, and a clear mascara to set the brows. It also includes a double ended brush, one end blunt and one end angled. It's basic, it's what you'd expect, and for the money it does a great job. It also lasts for ages, because you obviously don't need all that much. The three shades are big, and also can double up as neutral eyeshadow. Lovely jubbly.

My all time favourite blusher at the moment is the MAC powder blush in Well Dressed £18. It is the first MAC purchase that I made, so that holds a special place in my heart anyway, but it's such a pretty shimmery pink and blends easily, with buildable coverage, and I just love it. The packaging also makes a lovely click when you shut it, which is always a bonus. Eyeshadow wise, one of my all time favourite palattes is the Sleek MakeUp i-Divine eyeshadow palette in Au Naturel £7.99. In it you get 12 shades, both pearlescent and matte, and I think it works out about 67p per shade, which is bloody good value if you ask me. The shades are mineral based and well pigmented, and this palette is great for creating a lovely neutral eye. I also like the packaging and the massive mirror included in the compact. Love Sleek, love this. My other go to eyeshadow is elf's custom eyes in shade golden glow £1. I also got the custom palette to pop it in and seriously, for £1 you cannot go wrong. The shade is a lovely golden colour and makes my blue eyes really stand out, and is highly pigmented. Definitely recommend these for good quality, low cost eye shadows.


I don't often wear foundation, not unless I'm going out somewhere or have to dress nice as I'm extremely lazy, but when I have worn foundation this month I've found myself reaching for the Revlon ColorStay Makeup for Combination/Oily Skin £12.49. Now, I do think £12 is a little expensive for a drugstore brand foundation, but I love this so much I don't even care. I mainly picked this one out because it's formulated especially for combination/oily skin and is oil free and provides a good, velvet-matte base. Never before have I found a foundation that can cope with my oily skin, so this is literally a lifesaver. Highly recommend if you too find finding a foundation that can deal with oily skin a challenge. It also comes in thirteen 'true to skin' colours, so there is a high chance you will find one to match your skin tone. I have mine in the shade ivory. Very, very good Revlon. The only little niggle I have about this is the glass bottle, as there is no pump dispenser or squeezy tube, you just have to shake it out, much like the old style Heinz ketchup bottles!

My go to fragrance this month has been one I was given for Christmas, and was one that I was initially dubious about, and that is the Paul's Boutique Me Eau de Parfum and I cannot find it anywhere on our beloved internet, so I couldn't tell you what the fragrance has in it, only that I really, really like it. I actually am liking the bottle more and more too, it's practical and simple. Lovely job Paul's Boutique. The mascara I have been loving this month I spoke about in my everyday makeup routine and is the Maybelline The Colossal Go Extreme! Mascara in leather black £6.99. Maybelline has long been my go to brand for mascara, and I have not found a bad one yet. This one is great for making my tiny lashes look bigger and volumised, and the black colour is very black indeed, and so good for extreme night out makeup.

I also wrote about the Tanya Burr Lipgloss in chic £6.99 in my drugstore lipgloss review, and I am still loving it a lot. If I'm honest, it's mostly for the smell, which is the most incredible smell in a lipgloss I've ever come across, and yes I do get it out just to smell it. Worth every penny.


Real Techniques do some of the best brushes around, and they were the first proper brushes that I bought and I fell in love. I do want to get my mitts on some rose gold Zoeva brushes, but for now my Real Techniques ones have not let me down. There are three I have been loving this month in particular. I bought the Real Techniques Core Collection £21.99 a few months back, and I really love the contour brush that comes in that set, though I do mostly use it for blending concealer because I'm awful at contouring. I also love the buffing brush that comes in that set, and use it to apply my blusher. The newest addition to my Real Techniques kit is the Miracle Complexion Sponge £5.99 which I use to apply foundation with and I love, love, love the finish that it gives me, a finish that is flawless and unlike anything I can achieve with a brush/my fingers.

And that is it! All my January favourites in one rather hefty post. I can't wait to see what makes it onto the list next month, but for now let me know what you've been loving for the past month, and what I should try in the upcoming month of February!

x



  

4 comments:

  1. I love Sleek palettes! I don't think I have this one in my collection so I may have to pop down to superdrug...
    Elesaurus | elesaurusrawr.blogspot.com
    Youtube - Eleanor Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love this one! I just think they're such good value for how much you get :) Sleek haven't failed me yet! Beth x

      Delete
  2. Sleek Palettes are so good, they have come really far! I love that rug too ;)

    Meme xx
    Latest post out now 'Waterstones Mini Haul'
    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sleek are one of my favourite brands for palettes! I think my rug may have to feature in a post, I do love it a lot :D Beth xx

      Delete