Friday, 16 January 2015

Change is positive?

I will always be the first to admit that I don't like change. I am very much a girl set in her ways. I am a home bird who doesn't cope very well being away from home, I have certain mugs I like to use, and every day pretty much has the same routine. I don't often step outside my comfort zone, definitely not as much as I probably should in order to push myself as a person, and even my makeup routine follows the same routine with the same steps.

But lately I've been thinking a lot about change. I spoke about it in my blog post yesterday, that this year is going to be a year of massive change. I'll be leaving home and making the giant leap that is university and becoming a responsible adult, and I have no idea how I'm going to cope. But I've also been thinking about change in another, very important aspect of my life.

There is no hiding the fact that I am fat. Chubby, curvaceous, plump, rounded, a bit of junk in the trunk, however you want to describe it there is no way I can pretend that I'm not. I used to do a lot of dance and be a lot more toned and slimmer than I am now, but since stopping the nine classes a week I was doing, I haven't actually much changed my diet, and slowly but surely the pounds have crept on and my clothes are becoming tight. I can just about fit into a UK size 14 still, but in order to have to not buy a whole new wardrobe, I need to make some change.

And so 2015 is going to become the year of change.

Image credit: quote.land

I've been reading a lot of healthy eating blogs lately, and watching a lot of videos in the same vein, and for possibly the first time I am somewhat motivated to make this change in my life and get healthier. My goal isn't to become really skinny, because that's probably not going to happen. I wasn't built to be skinny, like some people are, and that's okay. It's okay to be different. What isn't okay in my book, is to be as overweight as I am, with the health problems that are associated with it. I've watched various family members deal with weight related health issues, and I don't want that life.

This is also the first time that I've been motivated to lose the weight in a healthy and sensible way, which is for me a Big Deal, and the feelings I've experienced before I may make a blog post on someday, if anyone would be interested.

But I can't do this alone. I've not got the greatest willpower in the world, and whilst this isn't going to become a total fitness/weight loss/healthy eating blog, I do need somewhere where I can post my progress, share recipes and tips, and somewhere where I can be accountable and actually make this change, rather than trying for a few days and giving up.

So here's to change, and all the positive benefits that may come with it! What changes, if any, are you making in your life this year?

x

4 comments:

  1. Change is inevitable & sometimes we must accept it for what it is. Here's to positivity & 2015.
    :] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And may your year be a great one too!

      x

      Delete
  2. I have nominated you for The Liebster award which you can find out about over on my blog, here >> emfranced// the liebster award

    ReplyDelete
  3. Change is good, we sometimes need things to change to move on in our lives, to start new chapters.
    Great post.

    Meme xx

    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/ (Hope to see you around and about my blog <3)

    ReplyDelete